Tooth Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings or composite fillings are used to fix decay, chips, cracks, discoloration, and gaps between teeth. They are fabricated using composite resin, which is a fine mixture of plastic and powdered glass. Tooth-colored fillings are fabricated to resemble the color of your natural teeth and blend in really well. Their aesthetic nature has made them extremely popular for cosmetic enhancements. Tooth-colored fillings provide you with the following benefits:
- Being tooth-colored, they blend in really well with your natural teeth and do not stand out. They help you fix dental problems without compromising the aesthetic beauty of your smile.
- Composite fillings are crafted using composite resin, which directly bonds with the tooth structure to provide additional support and strength.
- The placement of composite filling requires less tooth structure to be drilled out. Thus, it helps in preserving the tooth structure.
- Composite fillings are easily tolerated by the gums and the surrounding tissues. They don't cause sensitivity or irritability.
- The procedure is easy and quick. The filling hardens within a few minutes and you can resume your regular lifestyle.
- In the case of cracks, chips, and fractures, composite fillings can be easily repaired and replaced.
How are tooth-colored fillings placed?
A composite or tooth-colored filling is placed in a single appointment. The damaged tooth is numbed using an anesthetic and is prepared to receive the filling. The decay or damage is removed and the cavity is thoroughly cleaned using disinfectants and antibacterial solutions. Your dentist will then apply the filling in layers and each layer will be hardened using a blue curing light. Layer by layer the cavity is closed and sealed. The filling is then shaped and polished to protect it against stains and untimely wear.
We, at LaCanne Family Dental, Menominee, provide for all your needs pertaining to dental services and routine exams. Our dentists with their entire team persist to present you with exceptional treatment that enhances and maintains the beauty of your smile.
If you have any further question, queries or dental emergencies and are looking for an accomplished dentist, feel free to contact us at (906) 352-4100 to schedule an appointment.